The UAE Has Announced New Entry & Residency Rules
This April, the UAE has announced new Entry and Residency rules. This has new categories now that extends the types of beneficiaries. As of this month, and applicable from September 2022, there are 10 types of entry visas that are easy to get and have a lot of benefits.
It is important to note that the new visas do not need a host or sponsor, and also offer you more flexibility with multiple entries, valid for 60 days and one platform to apply it.
These visas are applicable for investors, skilled employees, self-employment as well as family members.
Golden Residence Visa
The Golden Residences visas are applicable for investors, entrepreneurs, frontline workers, exceptional talents, outstanding students & graduates, scientists and professionals, and humanitarian pioneers.
The golden visa is a long-term residence granted to the above-mentioned categories. It is to advance the investment environment and enhance the success and growth of businesses.
The benefits of the golden visa are as follows:
- 10 years renewable residency visa
- No requirement of sponsor or employer
- The number of days spent outside of the UAE does not nullify this visa type
- This extends to family members inclusive of spouse and children with no age limit
- No maximum number of support service labourers
- If the original golden residence visa holder passes away, family members can live in the UAE till the end of the residence permit
- Entry Visa valid for 6 months with multiple entry
Residency Visas in Dubai can be for 1 , 2 or 5 years, depending on the type. You can choose from Remote Work Residence, Retirement Residence Visa, and Real Estate Owner’s Residence. No sponsor required for these visas.
The Family member visa is sponsored by the resident towards his/her spouse and children till the age of 25 and unmarried daughters with no age limit.
A residence permit is given to children of determination regardless of age. The green residence holder can sponsor first-degree relatives. The duration of family members’ residence shall be the same as their sponsor’s residency duration.
For residency visas, you can have visas for work, investment, education, and living.
You can also obtain residence permits for humanitarian cases which works on the following:
- A female resident whose husband has passed away and has a child or more
- The parents or children of UAE citizens having the foreign passport
- The spouses of UAE citizens who have foreign passports
Residence Permits for Work can be for 5 years without the need for a sponsor or employer. These can either be Green Residence for Free Lancers ( Self Employment ) or Green Residence for Skilled Employees.
The standard employment residence permit is for 2 years.
Residence Permits for Investors are for 5 years and are called the green residence for investors & Partners.
Residence permits for students enrolled in Educational entities are renewable every 2 years and sponsored by a licensed educational establishment in the UAE.
There are many types of entry visas. There are 10 types and it comes with various benefits. You can apply for an entry visa for tourism, to visit relatives or friends, temporary work mission, explore job opportunities, explore business opportunities, medical treatment, studying or training, diplomatic affairs, emergency, or as GCC residents.
The benefits of these entry visas are many:
- Tourist Visa: sponsored by tourism establishment
- Multi-Entry Tourist Visa: this is for 5 years and does not require a host or a sponsor
- To Visit Relatives & Friends: there is no need for host or sponsor
- Temporary Work Mission: this is for people working on temporary projects or probationary periods
- Explore Job Opportunities: this gives easy entry for young talents and skilled workers to search for job opportunities without needing a sponsorship by a host or an employer.
- Explore Business Opportunities: this gives easy entry into UAE for those looking for profitable business opportunities and investments without needing sponsorship from a host.
- Medical Treatment: this can be sponsored by a medical establishment
- Diplomatic Affairs: this is valid for those that hold special, diplomatic of UN passports
- Studying or Training: this is sponsored by educational entities or public and private entities for training and internship programs
- Emergency: this type of visa is valid for transits, sailors, flight crews, medical and flight emergencies.
- GCC residents: this visa type is for GCC residents and their escorts.
For more information, get in touch with us at Provident.